What happened to your original 25 ohm pots ?????
perhaps they needed cleaning to work properly.
I just replaced the 25 ohm pots on my stock N-800-F crossovers because the originals were non-functional. Unfortunately, I replaced the called for 25 ohm pots with 25K ohm pots. Needles to say, they are also non-functional-just on-off switches.
I have a couple of 16 ohm L-pads but I am unsure how to wire them up in place of the stock pots+20 ohm resistors. Any help appreciated.
I am planning on cloning the crossovers with PIO caps and new inductors soon but was hoping to get the stockers functioning better.
Other advise welcome.
Dave
What happened to your original 25 ohm pots ?????
perhaps they needed cleaning to work properly.
Here is a schematic of a 16 ohm Lpad that might answer your question.
Jeff

Many L pads aren't L Pads. So the answer depends on which L pads you have. If it only has 3 terminals it may just be a 16 ohm pot.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Wondering too, but FWIW, I've been using a visually identical pair of these dinky 25 ohm pots to dial in DIY speakers since my first SS amps in '70: Amazon.com: 25 Ohm 3 Watt Rheostat 25 Ohm +-20% Tolerance Wirewound 3-watt Variable Resistor Potentiometer: Toys & Games
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

C&H Surplus products
25 Ohm 50 Watts Rheostat
Ohmite SPEC 39261, Screw adjustment with lock nut, dimen 2.25" dia x 1.250" high, Shaft 3/8" x 3/4 long
$7.95
![]()
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Cool! Much better bargain nowadays, back when RadioShack was still around the one I use was only ~ $3.50 a couple of years ago.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Looks nice to me - but - some 2-way Altec crossovers have 2 pots - one for Frequency, one for volume, if I read it right?
A single pot is for shelving a tweeter [horn], two includes one for the mids; combine them in a two-way and you have a constant directivity [CD] tweeter [horn] EQ filter, something that became necessary for max fidelity when recordings began adding more 'musical' HF > ~11 kHz and especially when switching to voltage drive solid state [SS] amps.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Bookmarks